Arizona is full of desert gems, especially for photographers and sightseers. From the captivating red rock landscape to the slot canyons formed from centuries of rain water to grand views of the below canyons carved by the rushing water of the Colorado River.
It is also a perfect destination for road trips from California, especially for those long weekends that allow you to venture a little bit further out.
Here are the driving times for a few major cities below, from Los Angeles and San Francisco.
From Los Angeles, California:
- 5 hour 30 minute drive to Phoenix, Arizona
- 7 hour drive to Flagstaff, Arizona
- 7 hour drive to Sedona, Arizona
- 8 hour drive to Page, Arizona
From San Francisco, California:
- 10 hour 50 minute drive to Phoenix, Arizona
- 11 hour 30 minute drive to Flagstaff, Arizona
- 12 hour drive to Sedona, Arizona
- 12 hour 30 minute drive to Page, Arizona
If you’re driving through southern Arizona, definitely stop by to see the red-rocks in Sedona which is an hour south of Flagstaff.
From Page, Arizona, we definitely have a few extraordinary sights within reach:
- 10 minute drive to the parking lot of the iconic Horseshoe Bend
- 15 minute drive to the tour entrances to the famed slot canyons of Antelope Canyon
- 1 hour drive to Wire Pass Trailhead to Buckskin Gulch which is actually in Utah as it sits right above the Arizona border
- 2 hour drive southwest to Grand Canyon South Rim
- 2 hour drive east to Monument Valley
Subscribe to Derek Liang
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox